Despite the cold temperatures and the remaining snow, if you look closely, there are many signs of spring.
In reference to spring, it is written that ‘our Lord’s promise of resurrection is not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.’ Something to think about as we watch the tree buds unfurl or the spring bulbs make their entrance after a spring rain and a few rays of sun.
There are a few important messages/reminders for you:
- A letter has been received from our Bishop letting us know that restrictions of the Common Cup and Water of Baptism will be lifted effective Sunday, May 28, as we return to pre-COVID practices. A copy of his letter which gives more details is available at the entrance to the church.
- There is a free community supper take-out meal available at the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd this evening. So, if you, or someone you know, need a lovely hot meal, you can pick it up between 5 and 6.
- There will be a service of farewell on Thursday, April 27, at 7 p.m. for David, our previous rector. A reception will follow in the Auditorium. All are welcome!
- All non-perishable items left in our food bank box are always appreciated. Please remember those in need while grocery shopping.
- Thanks to all those who made the afternoon card party last week such a great success. Thanks also to those who have bought tickets and are looking forward to the Spring Dinner Fundraiser on Friday of this week. Enjoy!
- The Church of the Good Shepherd is having a Craft Fair on Saturday, April 22, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $2 and there will be craft tables, bake tables, coffee, and lunch! Come and support our daughter church!
- The counting team listed for the coming weekend, April 23, is Team 5.
Have a nice weekend!
God bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)