We are still celebrating the Easter Season which lasts for 50 days culminating with the feast of Pentecost. For Christians, Easter which originated from the ancient pagan celebration of the spring equinox, is now dedicated primarily to the celebration of Christ’s resurrection. This year, as spring blooms to life and as we reflect on the resurrection, may a feeling of hope and renewal arise in our hearts and create a desire for us to live each day to the fullest.
Just a few notices/reminders for you:
- There are several books on the table at the back of the church. They are free for the taking. Peruse, choose, and enjoy!
- The dollar doesn’t go far these days when faced with the rising prices of groceries. I am sure you are aware that many families in our midst find it extremely difficult to feed their families. It would be greatly appreciated if you could contribute a few groceries to our food bank box periodically. Thank you!
- With respect to those in need, if you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, come by the Church of the Good Shepherd this evening from 5 until 6 and pick up a free, take-out meal. Thanks to all those who make these dinners possible.
- Are you interested in reading at a service or two from May to September? If so, please sign the sheet at the church’s entrance, or call the office to have your name added to the list. Thanks in advance for your support.
- You may want to mark your calendars for a few special dates:
- May 11 …. Queen’s College Convocation at 2 p.m. followed by a reception in the auditorium.
- May 28 …. Confirmation at the Cathedral at 2 p.m. of all candidates from the Ascension, the Good Shepherd, St. Mary’s, and St. Michael’s and all Angels.
- May 29 …. Afternoon card party at 2 p.m.
Have a lovely week,
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)