It’s June, and at this time of the year, gardeners are working the soil, sowing seeds, watering, hoping for sunshine, and watching for the results of their labours. It is indeed a rewarding experience when you know your work hasn’t been in vain and you can see the evidence from the sprouts making their way through the soil. We also have the ability to plant seeds of kindness, love, and acceptance among all those we meet each day, seeds that will help create a more loving world in the future.
A few reminders for you:
- Many of you enjoy the camaraderie and of course the homemade toast that the Ascension Café is known for. The next get-together is next Sunday, June 11. Hope to see you there!
- If there is anyone out there interested in the summer student position at church, please make sure you forward your application with your resume to [email protected] no later than noon on Friday, June 9. You may also drop one off at the church office. Hurry! The deadline is near.
- Special thanks to the card players and party organizers who raised $675 at the last party on May 29. Thanks also to the very few who participated in the spring clean-up of the grounds on May 30 – you made quite the difference. There is still more cleaning needed if you would like to drop by some evening with the tools needed to help.
- If there is anyone planning to leave gifts to the church after their life on earth is finished, there is a brochure titled ‘How Will You be Remembered?’ at the entrance to the church giving you the information you may need.
- We are still at the lookout for an organist/pianist to play for our Sunday morning 11 a.m. services at the Church of the Ascension during July and August. If you are interested, please contact the organist at [email protected] or phone the church office at 709-368-5693. Thanks so much!
- Next community supper take-out meal is next Wednesday, June 14, same time, same place.
- There are still lots of room in our food bank box at the entrance of the church, and there are still lots of people relying on parishioner donations. Thanks in advance for your help.
- Make sure to take note of the cemetery services’ times and places, and the changes if the weather on the dates scheduled is not suitable. It’s all in your Chimes on Sunday, which will also be posted on the Parish’s facebook page, and the Parish’s website.
Have a wonderful week! God Bless,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)