Sunday, June 18, is Father’s Day! I am sure many of you have heard the saying ‘any man can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a dad.’ Indeed, let’s hope that all those special people – grandfathers, fathers, stepfathers, and those who take on a father’s role – will be celebrated next Sunday.
A few reminders for you as usual:
- Take note that if you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, come to the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd today between 5 and 6 p.m. this afternoon and pick one up. Thanks to all those who make possible these free community supper take-out meals.
- We’re still looking for an organist/pianist to play a prelude, five hymns, and a postlude for our 11 o’clock Sunday morning services during July and August. If you are interested, please contact the organist at [email protected] or call the church office at 709-368-5693.
- Thanks to those who donated to the food bank box last week! There is still room for lots more.
- Did you enjoy the card party the other week? Another is being planned for Monday, June 19, at 2 p.m. You just need your own cards and baskets, and $6 to be a player! A grab bag donation would be greatly appreciated – just drop it off at the church office by Friday, June 16 at noon. Thanks!
- Family Service at 11 next Sunday, June 18, followed by a social hour downstairs. Hope to see you there!
- Don’t forget to mark your calendars for the Cemetery Services:
- Kenmount Road Cemetery – Wednesday, July 12, 7 – 7:30 p.m.
- Forest Road Service Cemetery – Wednesday, July 19, 7 – 7:30 p.m.
- In case cancellation is necessary, your Chimes on the Parish website and Facebook gives the list of rescheduling that will take place.
- The final Ascension Café for the summer will be on Sunday, June 25. Come and enjoy!
- A copy of the Bishop’s letter regarding National Indigenous Day of Prayer is available at the entrance of the church if you would like a copy.
That’s it folks for another week! God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)