We are entering the time of the year which many refer to as the ‘Season of Creation.’ As we spend a greater part of our days outside rather than inside, we are more aware of our environment. As God’s hands on earth, what are we doing to protect that environment for future generations? These words were even added to the baptismal covenant, ‘Will you strive to safeguard the integrity of God’s Creation, and respect, sustain, and renew the life of the Earth?’ Your godparents, on your behalf, make the promise for you. May God help us to live up to that promise.
A few reminders for you as you begin another week:
- Next Sunday, June 25, is a very special Sunday. We will be saying thank you and goodbye to the Very Reverend William Bellamy, and welcome our new Associate Priest, the Reverend Scott Winsor. Special thanks to Dean Bellamy for his inspiring and thoughtful homilies during his time with us. We will be having a ‘cup of tea’ in the auditorium following the 11 a.m. service to mark the occasion. All are invited!
- The next community ‘free take-out supper’ will be on Wednesday, June 28 – same place, same time.
- I am sure you have seen or read about the ‘Anglican Life’ – the newspaper for the three dioceses in Newfoundland and Labrador. If you are a member of one of the congregations, you can subscribe to receive it for FREE. To subscribe, contact The Reverend Fred Marshall at 709-727-4346, or send an email to [email protected]
- Please remember those who have difficulty making ends meet! Aim to buy an extra grocery or two when you do your weekly shopping and place it in the food bank box at the entrance to the church.
- The final Ascension Café will be on Sunday, June 25. Come and enjoy the homemade goodies and the time of fellowship!
That’s it for another week.
Hopefully, we will enjoy warmer weather soon!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)