This coming Sunday, October 8, we will have our Thanksgiving service with our Bishop as guest preacher/presider. As psalm 95:2 says, ‘Let us come into His presence with thanksgiving, let us make joyful noise to Him with Songs of Praise.’
Of course, we should never limit our thanks to a day or even a weekend, we should be thankful every day for all our Blessings – not one day goes by when God is not blessing us.
A few reminders for you:
- A cold plate supper is in the making for Friday, October 27. How nice that we can finally come together for our social events once again. Tickets ($15 each) for eat-in or take-out will be available after the 11 o’clock Sunday service or weekdays from 9 to noon. Deadline for tickets is Sunday, October 22. We are gratefully accepting donations of cookies to accompany the supper.
- I heard the last card game was lots of enjoyment - there’s another on Monday, October 16, at 2 p.m. Just $6 to join in the fun, but don’t forget your cards and baskets. Come and enjoy the afternoon with friends!
- Do you like to sing? Would you like to add your singing voice to the church choir? Mrs. Kearley has choir practise every Wednesday evening at 7 – feel free to come along.
- Many thanks to those who bought extra groceries last week to donate to the food bank. However, still lots of room left in our food bank box.
- Extra readers for church are always needed, so if you would like to be part of this ministry, just use the sign-up sheet at the church’s entrance or call the office to add your name.
- Thanksgiving is just around the corner, so we will be decorating the chancel on Saturday, October 7, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. We are hoping for donations of fruits, vegetables, preserves, and anything else you deem would reflect our thankfulness to God for His many Blessings. You can drop off your donations between 9 and noon during this week. We appreciate seeing several at church on Saturday morning to help with the decorating.
- Another community take-out meal is being planned for Wednesday, October 11. So, if you, or someone you know, would appreciate a hot, free take-out meal, then there will be one waiting for you at the entrance of the Good Shepherd on that day from 5 to 6 p.m. Thanks to all who make these suppers available.
- Tomorrow evening, October 5 from 7 to 8 p.m. Mt. Pearl CLB Company #4507 will be having a meet and greet for existing and potential new members in our church auditorium. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
- I trust you have made note of Confirmation Registration 2024 on Sunday, November 5, following the 11 o’clock service. The required age is 11 years by the end of 2023.
That’s it, folks,
May you have a Happy Thanksgiving with family and friends,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)