I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers – the cool refreshing morning air, the brilliant color of the changing trees, the beauty of the autumn flowers, and tasty garden-fresh vegetables! Thank God for ‘all things bright and beautiful.’
I want to draw your attention to a few notices:
- First of all, thanks to all those who came out on Saturday morning with their flowers, vegetables, fruits, … to decorate the church for the Harvest Thanksgiving service on Sunday. It is such a lovely way to visibly show our thanks to God for the bounty of the season.
- In a couple of weeks there will be a very special service. On November 2 at 7 p.m. is the All Souls’ Service when we remember our loved ones who have passed on. If you would like your loved one’s name/names read out during that service, please ‘print’ their name in the book at the entrance of the church.
- If you plan to enjoy the advertised cold plate supper on Friday, October 27, the deadline for ticket ($15) purchase is Sunday, October 22. Your choice of dine-in (5:30 p.m.) or take-out (5 p.m.) Donations of cookies will be gratefully accepted.
- The hot, free, take-out community supper will be served this evening (Wednesday, October 11) at the entrance to the Church of the Good Shepherd. So if you, or someone you know, would enjoy one of those, they will be available from 5 until 6 p.m.
- The next afternoon card party will be Monday, October 16 – same place, same time, same needs. Just come and enjoy!
- Are you planning on making a Christmas pudding? If you would rather purchase one from the church, just add your name to the order form at the church’s entrance by November 3 at noon, and for just $20 you will be able to pick it up on Friday, November 17 from 9 until noon.
- The Ascension Café is welcoming you again on Sunday, October 15. Come and chat and meet new friends!
That’s it, folks!
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)