"Something Beautiful Remains" is a poem that was sent to me on the death of my mom many years ago. It offers comforting words on the loss of a loved one.
The tide recedes but leaves behind bright seashells on the sand.
The sun goes down, but gentle warmth still lingers on the land.
The music stops, and yet it echoes on in sweet refrains....
For every joy that passes, something beautiful remains.
Tomorrow, November 2, at 7 p.m., we will be having our annual All Souls’ Service. It is a special time for us to give thanks for the memories of those who have died this past year, and to remember in prayer all those faithful souls who have gone before us. (There will be a reception in the auditorium immediately following the service. Please come join us for a cup of tea at this time.)
A few important reminders for you:
- Daylight Saving Time ends this coming weekend. Don’t forget to set your clocks back one hour on Sunday at 2 a.m. – better still, maybe before bedtime would be the better choice!
- Special thanks to all those involved in the awesome Cold Plate Supper on Friday evening – the cooks, the organizers, the table dressers, the servers, the cleaners, and the list goes on. It was a lovely supper, and it was so very nice for us all to get together once again.
- No new faces in the choir, but lots of lovely singing voices among the congregation! You don’t have to be able to read music to sing in the choir, you just need to enjoy singing. Why not see Mrs. Kearley and decide to share your gift by joining the choir?
- Next Sunday, November 5, there will be a family service with BBQ and entertainment for the children and for the young at heart. All are welcome!
- Also, on November 5, Confirmation Registration will take place following the 11 a.m. service. Remember candidates must be 11 years of age by the end of this year!! You will receive more information at the time of registration.
- Reminder for those wanting to purchase a Christmas pudding – your order must be placed by November 3, at noon.
- Some of you may be delighted to hear that on Sunday, November 26, the 8:30 a.m. service will resume. These services will be from the Book of Common Prayer, and will be held every second Sunday, coinciding usually with the Ascension Café.
Hope you have a nice weekend! Don’t forget to change your clocks!!
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)