We are nearing the Advent Season, and with that in mind we have once again in ‘the spirit of giving’ decided to use the idea of St. Margaret’s boat for our Advent Project. As you may know, St. Margaret was a powerful example of living faith in action – she was a very pious person and is known especially for her charitable work among the poor. We, also, in the spirit of giving and in line with our mission ‘reaching out to others’ are being given the opportunity to serve others. Our focus will be on providing support through Thrive to those who live in poverty and have limited access to the mainstream programs and services. We are hoping that given the generosity of our parishioners, our St. Margaret’s boat with be filled with personal care items for helping the less fortunate.
- The ‘Chimes’ gave information regarding the work of Thriveand also has a list of suggested items that you might like to donate. These items do not need to be wrapped, just placed in the boat which will be set up in the side foyer on Sunday, November 19. (If any of you do any internet browsing, you might like to enjoy finding out about St. Margaret and how the idea of the boat originated.)
- Would you like to be part of a ministry at church? You could choose from the Parish Network Team, Ways and Means Committee, Eucharistic Assistants, Choir, Confirmation Team, Sunday School, etc. Feel free to seek for information on either one of interest to you. If you decide, training and support will be provided. Just speak with Archdeacon Nancy or call the office.
- You have read about Breakfast with Santa by now. Just reminding you that tickets ($10 for adults, $5 for children under 12) will be available after the 11 a.m. service and from the office during the weekdays from 9 to noon.
- The sign-up sheet for the Advent Bible Study starting on November 29 at 10:30 a.m. is at the entrance to the church. Or if you choose, you can call the office or email [email protected]
- Card players, another card party is in the planning stages. So, mark your calendars for Monday, November 20, at 2 p.m. Same requirements! Everybody welcome!
- Tickets are also available for the Fall Card Game and Luncheon on Saturday, November 25 – lunch is $10 and the card game $5. More details are given in the Chimes. Please remember that the success of the special tables depends on your donations of craft goods, baked goods, preserves, homemade items. Deadline for tickets is Sunday, November 19.
- Tickets are also available for the Christmas Dinner to be held on Thursday, December 7 with entertainment by special guest, Darrin Martin. The $30 meal will be catered by Pat Burton (eat in and take out available). Like the other tickets, they are available after the 11 a.m. service each Sunday or from the office during the weekdays from 9 to noon. Deadline to purchase tickets is Sunday, November 25!!
That’s it, folks, for another week!
Winter weather is moving in – keep warm.
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)