Following Dean Bellamy’s vein of thinking in his homily on Sunday past, I feel it is so fitting to once again mention the opportunity we are given to be active participants in one of the various ministries at the Ascension: Parish Network Visitors, Ways and Means Team, Eucharistic Assistants, Choir, Confirmation Team, Sunday School, etc. It has been noted that the more active participation of parishioners in the ministries within a parish, the more the love, unity, and fellowship abound among all. We were all given gifts of the spirit, so we need to use these God-given gifts to support our leaders and to enable our church family to continue to grow.
A few messages that may require your attention:
- You are invited to attend an Advent Bible Study beginning on Wednesday, November 29, at 10:30 a.m. and continuing until Wednesday, December 20. Interested? Just add your name to the list at the entrance to the church or call the church office at 709-368-5693.
- Next Sunday, November 26, in addition to our regular 11 o’clock service, there will bean 8:30 a.m. service from the Book of Common Prayer. Following the service, come join us at the Ascension Café!n>
- St. Margaret’s Boathas been launched, so you can start bringing the items needed for Thrive and placing them in the boat (no wrapping necessary). Thanks in advance for your anticipated support for this Advent project!
- Just a reminder that tickets forthe Breakfast with Santa taking place on December 9, must be purchased by Sunday, December 3 ($10 adults, $5 children).
- Another successfulcard gamethis past Monday – thanks to the organizers, and thanks to all for coming!
- Once again, this evening there will be ahot, free take-out mealfor those who could really use a hot meal at this time of the year. Just come to the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive, between 5 and 6 this evening.
- When grocery shopping this week, please aim to add an item or two for the food bank. Many people are finding it difficult to make ends meet. Thanks again for those who always help fillour food bank boxsituated in the foyer of our church.
- The luncheon and card game will take place on Saturday, November 25! Come and support your parish! Enjoy!
That’s it, folks,
May God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)