Next Sunday, December 10, is the Second Sunday in Advent with the theme ‘PEACE.’
As the second candle is lit, let us pray that the Prince of Peace will help us to have peace in our hearts, peace in our homes, peace in our communities, and peace throughout the whole world.
A few important reminders for you:
- Please aim to pick up your advent packages that are waiting for you at the entrance to the church. It would be greatly appreciated if you could take a few extra ones to deliver to friends/neighbours.
- Apparently, the church calendars will be a little late in arriving, maybe even early January. You will be the first to know when they do!
- Another hot, free take-out meal is available this evening, December 6, from 5 to 6 p.m. at the entrance to the church of the Good Shepherd. Thanks to all those who make this meal possible.
- Just a reminder that if you plan to be part of the Hamper Project, please call Nickie at 709-728-6931 for more details. Also, to register to receive a hamper, please call the church office at 709-368-5693.
- Thanks to all those who are helping to swamp St. Margaret’s Boat! All donations have to be dropped off by Sunday, December 17.
- Lots of room remain in our food bank box! Thanks to those who help fill it each week.
- If you would like to be part of the Parish Network Visitors ministry, please leave your name and contact information on the sign-up sheet at the church’s entrance. There is such a great need for volunteers to reach out to those who are unable to attend worship at church.
- At the church entrance there is a white Christmas tree which has tags hanging from it. The tags name groceries needed to fill the Christmas hampers. If you would like to help, please take a tag or two and return the named item/items by December 14. Thanks in anticipation for a great response.
- The second week of Bible study is this morning, December 6, at 10:30. If you are interested but couldn’t make it the first week, it’s not too late to join us. Much to the delight of participants, we even have a cup of tea midway in the session.
- By the way, Ascension Café is on Sunday coming, December 10, after the 8:30 a.m. service. Nice to chat and enjoy coffee/tea along with toast and other homemade treats. Hope to see you there!
- Please take note that for any donation to be included on the 2023 tax receipt, it must be received by December 31, 2023. It can be dropped in the Sunday collection or be placed in the mailbox on the church’s front steps (monitored daily). Thanks for all your generous donations throughout the year.
May God guide you on your Advent Journey!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)