Next Sunday, December 17, is the third Sunday of Advent, with the Theme “JOY.”
“Rejoice in the Lord always. I shall say it again: Rejoice.” (Phillippians 4:4)
The candle for the third Sunday of Advent is often referred to as the Shepherd’s Candle, reflecting the joy that was felt with Jesus’ arrival. Let us pray that we who look forward to the Birthday of Christ also experience the joy of salvation and celebrate with love and thanksgiving.
A few more important notes for you:
- All donations (food or monetary) for the Christmas Hamper Project must be in by December 14. If you are sending a monetary donation via e-transfer, please indicate that your donation is for the Christmas Hamper Fund.
- Many Advent Packages still sit at the entrance of the church waiting to be taken home.
- Two wonderful Christmas events in the past week – the Christmas dinner/entertainment and the Santa Claus breakfast. It is awesome to be able to gather once again as a community. Thanks to all to make these events possible.
- St. Margaret’s Boat can still take on a few more items. Please ensure that these items are dropped on board by Sunday, December 17, as they will be presented to a representative of Thrive at the service on that day.
- Many families struggle to make ends meet especially during the holiday season. Please remember them when you do your grocery shopping this week and pick up an item or two for the food bank box.
- I presume you have your calendars marked already for the Services on December 24. There will be the Lessons and Carols at the 11 a.m. service on that day, and then there will be two Christmas Eve Services, one at 4 p.m. and another at 7 p.m.
- Next Sunday, December 17, there will be the Tree Lighting & Carol Sing at 6:30 p.m. Hope the weather works in our favour and hope we will see you there!
- Vestry members – your meeting is tomorrow evening, December 14, at 7 p.m.
- Please note that all donations that you want included on your 2023 tax receipt must be received by noon on December 31, 2023.
May God be with you as you continue your Advent Journey!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)