“Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son, and they shall name him Emmanuel,” which means ‘God is with us.’ (Matthew 1:23)
Next Sunday, December 19, is the Fourth Sunday in Advent. We have once again almost completed the Advent Journey. As Christmas approaches, let us ponder the words of N. Maxwell “Each of us is an innkeeper who decides if we have room for Jesus.”
A few important notices/reminders for you:
- On Sunday, December 19, there will be a service of Lessons and Carols at 11 a.m. It will be wonderful to hear the choir as they have prepared anthems for this special event.
- Also, next Sunday at 6:30 p.m. there will be the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and Carol Sing. You can donate in memory of a loved one or in honour of a special someone. Just make sure you give all the information and present it to the office on or before Thursday, December 16. This event will take place on the parking lot – everyone must remain in their cars. Come and bring your family and friends! Enjoy!
- Please take note that the church office will be closed for the Christmas holidays from December 24 to December 30. It will be open on December 31 from 9 until noon to receive givings for 2021 tax year. Then the office will reopen for regular hours on Monday, January 3, 2022.
- In connection with the above note, if you would like your givings to be included on your 2021 tax receipt you must have them at the church office no later than 12 noon on December 31, 2021. For your convenience, you can drop them in the mail slot on the front step and they will be collected and counted by the deadline. Any givings received after noon on December 31 will be included on next year’s tax receipts.
- There are about 75 Advent packages still waiting to be picked up or delivered. If you would like to assist in delivering, please let the office know. Thanks so much for those who have helped to date.
- Special thanks go out to all those who donated items for the Christmas Hamper project and for St. Margaret’s Boat Advent project! They are such worthy causes.
- The CLB still continues with its take-out lunch every Friday. If you are interested in purchasing one or several, please call 722-1737 to pre-order by Thursday at 11 a.m. Five or more orders and your delivery will be free!!
- The collecting of food bank items for those who find it difficult to make ends meet has resumed. You can drop your items in the bin in the main entrance on Sundays, or in the bin at our side entrance during weekdays from 9 to noon.
- The next take-out community supper is this evening, December 15, at 6:30 p.m. It will be a Christmas Dinner (ham and all the fixings) and will be distributed at the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive. Covid protocols will be observed. Registration is required.
May God continue to be with you as you complete your Advent Journey!
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)