We are in the Easter Season, the season with the focus on hope, renewal, and new life. It is also the season of Spring, with the earth waking up once again and showing evidence of new life everywhere. It is also a time when we also might want to make a new beginning in our lives. Let us celebrate the new life of Easter, the new life of spring, and a new life in Christ.
- I am sure we are all grateful for being able to attend our special services in Holy Week and Easter this year. Thanks especially to Canon Lynn, Mrs. Kearley & the choir, to the readers, preachers, Peggy for all the printed matter, sidespersons, and of course the technical staff in the balcony which made all these services available online for those who couldn’t attend.
- Readers are needed for the services in June, July, and August. If you would like to do a particular service, please sign your name on the sheet at the entrance to the church.
- We presume all those who have agreed to count, have received a copy of the counting teams’ schedule. Please make sure you refer to the schedule to know when it is your turn. Thanks.
- Have you considered being part of the Altar Guild? If you would like to know more about it, or to become part of a team, please contact Jessie Green at 364-1559.
- A free take-out meal for those in need is being served this evening at the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Noland Drive between 5 and 6:30 p.m. You are also able to pick up one for someone whom you know would really appreciate one.
- Do you plan to participate in the Heads Without Beds Campaign? If so, remember to register at headswithoutbeds.ca The campaign runs from now until April 29.
That’s it for another week,
Enjoy the beauty of Springtime,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)