Last Updated: March 21 2022
Covid 19 Guidelines for In-Person Worship: As the Provincial chief medical officer of health stated, “the Pandemic is by no means over. Covid 19 is present and spreading within our communities and this has to remain foremost in our minds as we move forward. As a church, we still have a responsibility to maintain and provide safe gatherings. Mask use, while gathered, is strongly recommended primarily when close contact with others will occur. Frequent hand sanitization should be practiced, especially when handling common items or when physical contact occurs between people.” This information was taken from the Covid 19 update from the Diocese on March 14, 2022.
As a parish, we will be strongly recommending the following:
- Masks must be worn when entering and leaving the building;
- Masks may be removed when seated – but it is highly recommended that the masks remain in place;
- Masks must remain on while singing or while moving around the church. Choir members will wear masks while singing.
- There will be two stations at the altar rail (standing only) for communion bread (no common cup);
- one station will be on the Lectern side and bread will distributed with tweezers,
- the other station will be on the Pulpit side and the bread will be distributed with a gloved hand.
You may choose from which side you would like to receive.
- If you are unable to proceed to the altar rail, the clergy will bring communion to you.
- The collection will remain as is – you may leave your offering in the plate as you enter the church.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting the building, as well as before and after receiving communion.
- All cleaning will be maintained for the foreseeable future.
- As the Bishop stated in his letter “may we continue to respect and follow the advice from health professionals … and may we also respect one another in our individual choices regarding Covid 19 as members of God’s family”.